February 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Bob Marley (2009)

Bob Marley

For Brother Bob

Again and again, I heard your voice,
Whispering through the noise, "Don't cry. Just sing."
In the dregs of a bottle thinking I didn't have a choice,
Again and again, I heard your voice.

When I felt even my bones were cursed,
and my body trembled from the troubles Babylon can bring,
Again and again, I heard your voice,
Whispering through the noise, "Don't cry. Just sing."

***

"For Brother Bob" is an excerpt from my latest manuscript, DUB WISE.

***
Villager: Rest in Peace: Bob Marley

2 comments:

caviaoskie said...

Hi Geoffrey,

Your blog is what I need. please give us more up-date. Thanks..

Bayani of caviaokies

Please visit my blog site: http://caviaoskie.com

Geoffrey Philp said...

Welcome, caviaoskie


I not sure what you need, but you can always check my arhives under the label: Bob Marley

1Love,
Geoffrey