March 10, 2007

The Ten Commandments of Blogging

Ten Commandments Blogging Google

The Ten Commandments of Blogging


  1. I am Google and you shall use no other platform but Beta Blogger.

  2. You shall not think that Problogger, Seth, nor Lifehacker have the final word on blogging. They don’t!

  3. You shall not use the name of Google nor any of its related products (AdSense, AdWords) in vain.

  4. Remember your Sitemap index and keep it clean for bots.

  5. Honor your meta element.

  6. You shall not delete your blogs nor move them to Word Press.

  7. You shall not mix CSS, XML, nor any invalid, potentially dangerous script.

  8. You shall not steal (republish) thy neighbor’s text, images nor any content.

  9. You shall not spam about lottery prizes in England and Nigeria, nor use rumor, hype, and false promises in linkbaiting.

  10. You shall not covet thy neighbor’s Google, Technorati, or Alexa ranking, his Feedburner subscribers, nor shall you covet thy neighbor’s blog design.


Amen.

***




6 comments:

Stephen A. Bess said...

Go on and preach now!! I like that break down. Now, I'm picturing you stanging on Mount Sinai and preparing to take the message down to the bloggers. :)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I haven't been out of the house all day. I think that I walk up to the coffee shop. Peace, bro!

Geoffrey Philp said...

LOL, Stephen.
Here this afternoon with my wife out with her sisters and the kids at their own parties...
Sheer idleness and I've taken a few days off from work to relax

Mad Bull said...

Whats all this hating on Wordpress then?

Am passing through Miami next week. Perhaps we could do a linkup. Perhaps we can include Gooders Girl, and if you know of other Caribloggers in the Miami area. Let me know...

Geoffrey Philp said...

Mad Bull,
That would be cool. Yeah!

Unknown said...

I agree with most of them, except I and VI.

Professor Zero said...

LOL!