August 25, 2020

Marcus Garvey Lecture: "Garvey as Literary Muse"


 

Thank you, Liberty Hall for publishing my 2017 Marcus Garvey Lecture, “Garvey as Literary Muse,” a combination of Joseph Campbell’s “The Power of Myth,” Garvey’s biography, and poems from my unpublished manuscript, “Letter from Marcus Garvey.”

 


It was a pleasure to make my pilgrimage to Liberty Hall and the gracious welcome that was extended by Herbert Miller, Shani Roper-Edwards. Faith M. Anderson, and the Liberty Hall team.

Blessed Love.

***

Blue Banyan Books has accepted my graphic novel, "My Name is Marcus" for publication, and they are  currently managing a crowdfunding campaign to defray the publication costs.

For more details, please follow this link:


I hope that you can join us on this journey. If you can donate, please do. If you can’t, tell a friend or two … or ten. Share our story on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook using the #lionsanduntoldstories.

You can also send out emails and any other means you choose to communicate. Every share counts just as much as every dollar counts. 

No comments: