August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday, Marcus Garvey (2010)



Marcus, the dream is never too much to bear
even when I feel like crawling into a corner & falling asleep
or begin to think I deserve better, it’s time to reap
the words I have sown, which I now offer as a prayer
for those who have grown weary, your lost sheep.

Marcus, the dream is never too much to bear,
yet I have stopped too many times, given in to my fear
& then I hear your voice out of the darkness, from the deep
well of the Atlantic comforting the ancestors who still weep.
Marcus, the dream is never too much to bear.

Photo Source:

If you are searching for posts about Bob Marley, Marcus Garvey, Rastafari, or Dennis Scott, please check the archives.

Also, if you enjoyed this article, please visit my Author page @ Amazon.com 

 

No comments: