September 29, 2009

Blog Action Day: October 15, 2009


Recent visitors to my blog may have noticed a series of changes such as the addition of new sponsors and a button for Blog Action Day, which will be celebrated on October 15, 2009.

So far, over 2000 blogs from over 102 countries with a combined readership of approximately 9,000,000 readers (you are one of them) have decided to rally around the cause of climate change—a phenomenon that is already affecting island nations such as the Maldives.

On October 15, 2009, I plan to blog about climate change and Jamaica. I’d like to urge fellow bloggers to register, promote, and take action at the Blog Action ’09 site to change “the conversation across the blogosphere.”

But this call to action is not only for bloggers. Climate change is affecting all of us. By raising awareness about this issue, we can, perhaps, forestall the effects, some of which have already become apparent in the Caribbean.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Fly Girl said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for the info, I will look into registering. If you have the chance, please check out my new post on the detained Antigua tourists situation. I'm interested in your take on the incident.

owen said...

I think everybody is aware of climate change but few people can do anything about it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxENMKaeCU

Geoffrey Philp said...

Owen, Welcome!
Watch for my post on October 15.