May 5, 2010

What is a Caribbean Classic?



Recently I’ve seen the phrase “Caribbean classic” appearing in the Comments section of my blog, so naturally I asked myself the question: What is a Caribbean classic?


I’ve invited a few writers and critics to write a guest post with his or her definition of “Caribbean classic,” and to give me at least one example of a novel, a collection of short stories or poetry that he or she considers to be a Caribbean classic.


If you would like to join the conversation, please e-mail your guest post to me (geoffreyphilp101 [at] gmail.com as a Word attachment. Please include a short bio and recent digital photo (.jpg).


***

A few caveats:

All submissions are subject to review, editing, and approval.

Geoffrey Philp's Blog Spot promotes the free distribution and use of articles published on this site. I use the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License. The use of this license means that authors retain their copyright while granting the blog and our readers’ the rights to this work for non-commercial purposes, providing the author is credited. The Creative Commons license allows for the production of derivative works, as long as the author is credited, and as long as producers share their derivative work.

For more information, please visit the Creative Commons at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/us/.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: