March 7, 2008

Oonu Mek Mi Day Award

You Make My Day MemeMonday was no fun.

It started off all right, but by noon after losing a filling and then finding out I needed a root canal (which I had later), it was a pretty rough day. I am now just up to speed. It’s a good thing I had a few posts written ahead of time.

One of the bright spots, however, was learning that Mad Bull had tagged me for “Oonu Mek Mi Day” (“You Make my Day”—for the Jamaican Challenged) via Lady Roots whose guidelines were:

1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make your day.
2. Acknowledge the post of the award giver.
3. Display the You Make My Day Award logo.
4. Tell the award winners by commenting on their blogs with the news.

So, here are my list of awardees:

Afrobella: A sister who does so many things in twenty-four hours. I don’t know how she does it: Beauty tips, politics, frequent NPR contributor.

Blogworld: What more can I say about Nicolette. She’s a poet, scholar and she has an new book out!

Black Threads/ Black Threads in Kid’s Lit: Kyra Hicks writes with passion about quilting and children’s books.

Preston Allen Ing an Bling Book Review/ All or Nothing: Preston gives book reviews and advice about gambling, writing, and anything related to these topics—and he does it with a great sense of humor.

Long Bench. Always provocative….always…

The Prisoner’s Wife: This sister is a wonderful poet and show us what true love and devotion is all about.

I know, I know, it’s six. But like Mad Bull I have so many that other that I would praise:

Jahworld: Pam Mordecai is a superb poet and scholar who writes with deep concern about our environment and fragile habitat.

A Brave New World: Jeff is always on the move and takes me to places on this planet that I hope I’ll visit one day. One day.

Marlon James: For writing courageously about many things that are on our minds, but we’re afraid to say.

Okay, enough! I just had to mention these blogs that always give me something to think about and speak their truths so clearly and cogently.

***

10 comments:

Mad Bull said...

Thanks for the links, I will check them out.

Geoffrey Philp said...

Mad Bull, I'm going to alert them later on today...

Bless up,
Geoffrey

the prisoner's wife said...

wow, thank you for the shine Geoffery!

bless

Geoffrey Philp said...

every time, prisoner's wife.

Anonymous said...

Geoffrey what you siad about Afrobella is so true.I read her site all the time ,and she is a very talented sister,and on behalf of all of her readers I would like to wish her a Happy Birthday early .

Geoffrey Philp said...

She is, she most certainly is.

Happy Birthday, Bella!

Anonymous said...

GP - Thanks for the big up! I appreciate that you read and are moved - in whatever way! - by my blog. Keep up the good work as well. I recently bought one of your books "Uncle Sydney's Anancy Stories" for my son. I'll let you know what he thinks.

Livity,

Long Bench

Geoffrey Philp said...

Give thanks,Long Bench.

I hope your son likes the book.

Bless up,
Geoffrey

Fuzz said...

Thanks for the big up, it means a lot coming from you. I'm curious to know the company I'm in so I'll visit the other sites, then keep the "oonu mek mi day" a gwon! Peace, Jeff

Geoffrey Philp said...

Jeff, good to see you around!

Bless up,
Geoffrey