March 7, 2006

Re-Livication

Yesterday's blog, "Another Child Murdered" was totally unplanned. I went to the Jamaica Observer site just to check out what was happening in Jamaica. Then, the shock.


I've been accused many times of "taking bad tings make joke," but I can't with this one. It's beyond all joke.


What I can do and I did once I got up this morning was to keep a positive vibe because no matter how bad things get, if I get depressed, it's still not going to change the condition. I am not a Pollyanna. "Better to light a candle than curse the darkness." 


So, I've re-livicated myself to community education efforts outside of Miami Dade College, where I work, and more than anything else to keep my sense of humor going. It's the most I can do for the young brothers and sisters who are being killed by the poisonous idea that Black children are expendable. It has permeated our culture and those on the fringes keep acting out that belief.


So, here's a blast from the past that I constructed some time ago: Which Wailer Are You?
http://quizilla.com/users/spliffington/quizzes/Which%20Wailer%20are%20You?

Yes, it is I, Herbert Spliffington, Esq. It's a long story and fit for a blog all by itself.

No comments: