February 13, 2023

Earth Day Launch of Archipelagos

Anthropocene

I am thrilled to announce the release of my eighth book of poetry, Archipelagos. Published by Peepal Tree Press, Archipelagos explores the effects of climate change on the Caribbean and the Global South, specifically focusing on my home country of Jamaica.

The archipelagos of the Caribbean and Global South are already feeling the devastating impacts of climate change, from rising sea levels to more intense hurricanes and storms. Through my poems in Archipelagos, I hope to raise awareness about the existential threat of climate change and the importance of taking action to mitigate the effects on our vulnerable communities.

Here is Peepal Tree Press’s description of Archipelagos: “Philp’s powerful and elegant poems span past and present and make it very clear that there cannot be a moral response to the climate crisis that is not also embedded in the struggle for social justice, for overcoming the malignancies of empire and colonialism and the power of global capitalism.”

But what has me screaming from the roof tops is the praise from Roger Robinson, winner of the T.S. Eliot Prize in 2019: “This may well be the book that Geoffrey Philp is remembered by. Get it.”

I cannot wait for you all to read Archipelagos, and I am eager to hear your thoughts on the poems.  

Archipelagos can be preordered from my favorite Indie bookstore,  Books and Books, which will be hosting the official launch of Archipelagos on Earth Day (April 22, 2023)  at 7 p.m. during National Poetry Month: https://shop.booksandbooks.com/book/9781845235505 or from Peepal Tree Press: https://www.peepaltreepress.com/books/archipelagos

Thank you for your continued support, and I hope you enjoy the book!

#Archipelagos #PeepalTreePress #ClimateChange #Caribbean #GlobalSouth #Jamaica  #SocialJustice #NationalPoetryMonth #EarthDay2023 #BooksAndBooks #PeepalTreePress #OfficialLaunch #SupportPoetry #EnjoyTheBook

No comments: