April 30, 2018

geoffreyphilp.com is back!

geoffreyphilp.com

My cyber-squatter must’ve fallen asleep at the wheel or maybe s/he gave up. Either way, I am happy to have my name back.

For the past five years a cyber-squatter has owned geoffreyphilp.com and would not release it unless I paid at least $1000. I know, I know, I should’ve been more careful. But a few years ago, I was going through a rough patch. A very rough patch. I had a lot on my mind, and I thought, you know, who cares? Well, someone did.

S/he saw an opportunity and registered geoffreyphilp.com under his/her name. When I tried to register geoffreyphilp.com under my name, I was directed to a site where I needed to pay $1000 to get back my name.

I didn’t have $1000 and I was angry at myself for my mistake. Still, I persisted. Isn’t that my life story?

For the past five years around this time, I checked to see if geoffreyphilp.com was available. Nope. Then, a few weeks ago I checked and voila! The site was free once again. I was free once again.

I quickly registered the website under my name and worked feverishly to set it up again.
So, I guess you could say that it’s a new and improved site. So take a look around and tell your friends about it. Then, come back every now and then for updates on my work.

One Love,
Geoffrey

No comments: