January 4, 2011

Jamaica Blog Awards: Top Five: Best Overseas Blog



I’ve made it to the Top 5 in the Jamaica Blog Awards: Best Overseas Blog. I would be lying if I didn’t say I was happy. Winning is good.

I hate to admit it, but I know I haven’t achieved the equanimity that my aunt, who I mentioned in My Jamaica: Part Two, once advised when she quoted Rudyard Kipling’s “If…”: "If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster/And treat those two impostors just the same… Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, /And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!” I'm getting there, Aunt Evritt

I also know I couldn’t have made it this far without the support of readers like you who have voted, Twittered, and shared on Facebook. So, thank you, my friends, for your help.

But the contest isn’t over. Once again, I am calling for your assistance to make it to the finals on January 11, 2001, and the BIG REVEAL on January 16, 2011 at the Jamaica Pegasus Hotel.

VOTE HERE:

Remember, you can vote every 24 hours.



Jamaica Blog AwardsAll Voting ends Friday January 14, 2011 (mid-day)


***



Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

Susan Rich said...

Congratulations for making it to the top 5. Onward!

Geoffrey Philp said...

Thanks, Susan. Yes, onward!