Accepting Submissions:sx salon: a small axe literary platform
sx salon: a small axe literary platform
The Small Axe Project has recently launched sx salon: a small axe literary platform, a new electronic publication dedicated to literary discussions, interviews with Caribbean literary figures, reviews of new publications (creative and scholarly) related to the Caribbean, and short fiction and poetry by emerging and established Caribbean writers. sx salon also houses the Small Axe Literary Competition, launched in 2009.
sx salon represents both a new project and a continuation of the Small Axe Project’s ongoing affirmation of the literary as a critical component of Caribbean cultural production. We envision this space as an open source, easily accessible, online resource for students, teachers and scholars, as well as a forum for academics in the field to consult for announcements related to Caribbean literary studies.
sx salon publishes a new issue every two months and invites year-round submissions of:
- Literary Discussions that engage issues relevant to Caribbean literary studies: 2,000 – 2,500 words
- Book Reviews of recent (published no more than two years preceding the date of submission) creative literary works by Caribbean authors or scholarly works related to Caribbean literary studies: 1,000 – 1,200 words
- Interviews with Caribbean literary figures: 2,000 – 2,500 words
- Poetry and Short Fiction that engage regional and diasporic Caribbean themes and concerns: up to 2 poems or fiction of up to 4,000 words
Submissions must be accompanied by a short bio approximately 50 words, which should include information about the author’s location (institutional, geographical, etc.), and publications. Manuscripts should not contain any information about the author. Please include name, email address, phone number and, if applicable, institutional affiliation with the accompanying bio
Please visit http://smallaxe.net/sxsalon/submissions.php for more detailed guidelines for submissions.
INQUIRIES AND SUBMISSIONS
ALL inquiries and submissions must to be sent electronically to the following addresses:
- Literary discussions, book reviews, interviews: Kelly Baker Josephs email@example.com
- Short fiction and poetry: Andrea Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org