The Story of an Album

I checked over at Mad Bull, and found an interesting challenge: to create a story in sixty words. It may not fit in with my usual stories or the diaspora or maybe it does. Either way, here goes, Mad Bull!

I secretly envied Frank because he always had money and could travel to exotic places, yet he always seemed to be lost. After his latest trip, however, I was surprised to see him looking over our family album.
“So, have you found yourself?”
“Life is not about finding yourself; it’s about creating yourself.”
He smiled and closed the album.

Tags:





Comments

Mad Bull said…
Interesting. I suppose he is right too. I agree, as we go through, we are really creating rather than finding ourselves.
Geoffrey Philp said…
Th trick is, as the Rastaman would say, to know and to be a conscious creator.
Blessings.
Guyana-Gyal said…
I very much like. Very, very much. I think too, we must understand the self before we re-create it.
Guyana-Gyal said…
...Ahhh, which is basically what you just said in your comment, Geoffrey...because understanding is knowing...
Geoffrey Philp said…
Yes, my sister. Give thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

The Presidential Pardon of Marcus Garvey: A Recap

International Literacy Day: Free Ebooks