May 13, 2016

Fathers in Education @ Madie Ives Elementary




Yesterday, I had a wonderful day with the children at Madie Ives Community Elementary School. I and a group of fathers were invited to be a part of Fathers in Education Day in which fathers, grandfathers, uncles, brothers and male role models and mentors are invited to come in to local schools to read, tell stories, share a hobby, talk about their job and other activities.



Before I read from Grandpa Sydney’s Anancy Stories, I talked about the origins of Anancy stories, bullying, and what the students should do if they ever became the victim of a bully. For homework, they signed a pledge.



I want to thank Ms. Brinson, the principal of Madie Ives Community Elementary School; Ms. Fernandez, the counselor, and, of course, Mrs. Ferro-Philp and her students for inviting me to be  a part of such an uplifting day.


No comments: