A Few Questions for the Children @ Jamaican Tales
One of the most enjoyable aspects of my vocation is to witness the magical moments when students make new connections.
I'm hoping that the children at Jamaican Tales at HistoryMiami will be able to make connections between Bob Marley and Anancy and Jamaican culture.
In order to help the children see the connections between the Anancy story and Bob Marley at the Bob Marley: Messenger exhibition, I've prepared a few questions that I hope will spark the "aha" moment:
- How many people have seen the Bob Marley exhibition?
- What did you like about the exhibition?
- How many of you have heard about Anancy?
- Who is Anancy? Where is Anancy from?
- How did Anancy come to Jamaica and the Caribbean?
- What was the first Anancy story you heard?
- Why did the elders tell Anancy stories?
- What is the Anancy known for?
- What did you learn from the story?
- How are Anancy and Bob Marley alike?
Even if you're not able to join us, I hope the questions will spark a few synapses as you enjoy Grandpa Sydney's Anancy Stories, which can be downloaded for free @ Amazon:
The offer lasts until November 9, 2013.