April 17, 2012

Marcus and the Amazons has made the cut!




The Kart Foundation has published the 2011 Kart Kids Book List, and from over a thousand entries, Marcus and the Amazons, has been chosen as one of the thirty-two recommended titles for 2011.


I am deeply grateful to be included on this list. I hope that Marcus's story, which the Kart judges described as an "adventure fable that combines Caribbean & North American history while honoring the values of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. & Marcus Garvey," will inspire young readers to follow the example of these two great leaders, my heroes, who devoted their lives to freedom and justice.



"Set the captives free!"




***



If you enjoyed this post, check out my page on Amazon. I’d also be very grateful if you’d help it spread by emailing it to a friend, or sharing it on Twitter or Facebook.


Follow Me on Pinterest


Thank you!

No comments: