November 13, 2011

Marcus and the Amazons Hits the Road!


Marcus and the Amazons, which was recently highlighted in the Miami Herald and the KART Kids Book List Middle School 4th - 6th (Ages 9 - 12), will be featured on Y-100's Here's Help next week Sunday. 

As part of the Teen/Tween program for the Miami Book Fair International, I will be traveling to four schools in the Miami Dade Public School System


The Zelda Glazer Middle reading will almost be a pilgrimage because Zelda was instrumental in the Poets in the School program in which Jeffrey Knapp, Adrian Castro, Jan Sebon, and I under the patronage of Mary Luft's TigerTail Productions visited many elementary and middle schools and taught the children how to write poems and stories. 

I will also lecturing at Nova Southeastern University, Rhythm, Metaphor, and the Practice of Poetry on November 15, 2011. 

On Saturday, November 19, 2011, Adrian Castro, Michael Hettich, John Dufresne, and I will be reading from I'm the One With the Blue Cap On, a celebration of the life and work of Jeffrey Knapp and later that afternoon, I will be introducing Marlon James, Da Chen, and Dominic Smith.

To round out my schedule, I'll be reading from Marcus and the Amazons on November 20, 2011. 

It's going to be a busy week of readings and I haven't even mentioned the writers I really want to hear: Harry Belafonte, Cedella Marley, Gerald Stern, Li-Young Lee, and Robert Pinsky. 

If you can make it to any of these events, give me a shout-out, nuh?






No comments: