August 29, 2010

Upcoming Posts!



One of the primary aims of this blog is to stimulate discussion about Caribbean books and events that celebrate our writing. 


So, on August 30, 2010, I'll be posting the lineup for the Miami Book Fair International which will include the Caribbean authors who have already confirmed their appearance. This year's schedule has several Caribbean writers whose work I have admired and I hope I will get a chance to meet them or at the very least listen to them read. It's always interesting to discover whether the author's live reading matches the voice on the page.


I'm also excited about two guest posts by Lisa Allen Agostini, who will continue the In My Own Words series and Summer Edward, who extends the conversation about Caribbean classics with a twist: "What is a Caribbean Children’s Book Classic? – A Memetic Perspective."


Over the next two Fridays, I will publish Jennifer Rahim's poem, "Earthquake 2010," a meditation on the earthquake in Haiti, and on September 10, 2010, I'll begin a series called Flash Fiction Friday.


Before the publication of Dub Wise on September 30, 2010, I'll be reading at several venues: University of Miami, Broward County Library, and Miami Dade College. As we draw closer to the dates, I'll be clarifying the details. Dub Wise continues the exploration of many of the themes that have intrigued me over the years: identity, exile, and as Mervyn Morris has said, "The dialogue with myth, literature, the bible, music."


The next few months are going to be hectic, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


***

No comments: