25 Random Things About Me: Geoffrey Philp
1. I am a writer.
2. I am married to gorgeous woman and we have three children.
3. I sleep with my feet outside the covers.
4. I have a new collection of short stories, Who’s Your Daddy?, coming out in April.
5. I’m reading at the Calabash Literary Festival.
6. I went to the best high school in Jamaica and the Caribbean: Jamaica College.
7. I teach English and creative writing at Miami Dade College where I am the chairperson of the College Prep. Department.
8. I love football. In fact, I once played for my high school Manning Cup team
9. I am Pi.
10. I was born in Kingston, Jamaica and I used to live in Mona Heights.
11. I love to eat naseberries!
12. I’ve lived in Miami for 30 years now.
13. I’ve always worried about my kids and continue to do so.
14. I have 12 brothers and sisters who are scattered over the globe.
15. According to my grandmother, I have Arawak blood.
16. I love Reggae.
17. Color blindness runs in my family, so I’m worried about my daughter who is a graphic artist.
18. I’m starting to play tennis again.
19. I used to be a Jehovah’s Witness before I moved to America and lost my religion.
20. One of my favorite places at the University of Miami was the Rathskellar.
21. I sometimes have nightmares about being back in gradual school.
22. The first mention of a PHILP in the Doomsday book was because of drunk and disorderly conduct: "I'm just carryin' on an old family tradition."
23. I don’t Twitter as much as I should.
24. I’ve watched The Matrix a million times.
25. I have a new manuscript of poems, DUB WISE, that I’m hoping will find a good home.
***If you would like to be tagged, then, consider yourself to be...